(Approx. 220 km, estimated duration: 08.20-16.30)
Kerkini lake is an artificial lake situated in north-eastern Greece, around 100 km away from Thessaloniki, in a natural region most unspoiled and famous for its beautiful landscapes of forests and mountains, green planes and water streams. Though artificial, Kerkini lake has turned into an important landmark where wildlife has been able to develop. Today this is one of the most relevant birding sites, as it is located along the migratory flyway from the Balkans to the Aegean Sea. As the area is naturally a marshland, it is home to buffaloes and other wildlife. This excursion will let you enjoy one of the most unknown and original regions of northern Greece. In the proximity of the lake, you can enjoy a boat tour, rent a bike, or you could go even for horse riding. Enjoy a long walking and stop at a local coffee shop or tavern to taste the local products, take beautiful pictures, breathe unpolluted air. The natural beauty of the region, the high ecological significance of the lake and its contribution to the agricultural development of the surrounding valley are the reasons that make it worth visiting.
Transfer according to the program & escort.
Anything that is not specified in the program as included.
Extra Useful Info
- Please be ready at least 10 minutes prior to pick up time or departure time of the tour.
- Children are from 4 until 12 years old.
- Children from 0-4 years old are free of charge without a seat.
- Free cancellation until 3 calendar days before departure.
- Cancellation within 2 calendar days before the services begin you will be charged a 100% cancellation fee (no refund).
- In case of no-show, there are 100% cancellation fees.